July 11, 2012

leisure logistics

On my drive to the local pet food supply store, I pass a corporate sign for a company called Leisure Logistics. It makes me giggle and grimace every time. Doesn't that sound like a messed up adult thing? I can see a mission statement like Dedicated to ensuring the logistical integrity of leisure time for our worldwide customers... or something like that. I'm sure this company offers some kind of valued product or service but the kid in me just rebels. Icky.

If you're my friend, please thwock me across the head if you EVER hear me talk about logistics when it's leisure time. I've already learned my lesson... I've never lived down the teasing the one time I was still in business mode with friends waiting to get seated at a restaurant when I asked the maitre d' what the lead time to dinner was ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have scheduled leisure time between 4 - 6 PM today. Don't be late. LOL I suspect these guys really just plan vacations, but the name is a definite turn off. I prefer my leisure to be, well, leisurely.

Judy said...

Haha! These guys provide software that enables Loyalty programs, so it seems Loyalty Logistics would be a more appropriate name! But I don't have time to tell them that, I'm off to my scheduled Saturday leisure time ;)

Anonymous said...

"Let your life proceed by its own desire"

Catherine O'Leary said...

We will take the the new name Loyalty Logistics under advisement...

In the meantime however, should you desire to plan some leisure activity from truffle hunting in Tuscany to sunbathing on the beach in Mexico send me a note, we'll be happy to arrange it for you.

I enjoyed the discussion we'll keep you in the loop once we've explored rebranding.

Judy said...

Catherine, thanks for your great sense of humor & the positive note. As a digital marketing executive, your sign peaked my curiosity!