June 16, 2011

smile

thank you
for your smile
it tiptoed
across
tiny wires
and kissed
its sunshine
on my face
dancing warm.
it's strange
how i can
feel your love
even through
this telephone.

Every day, friends evoke smiles in me. From across the country, these tiny gifts come via phone or a simple text or email. Sometimes my neighbor across the cul de sac will send me a text that I'm sure she can hear me laughing over. As I work out of my home office, these smiles always shift my mood up a gear.

Yesterday, a friend gave me a smile and paid it forward. She sent me the text of a card I had once sent to her, helping me reclaim a truth.... peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Where will your smile tiptoe today?


1 comment:

brad said...

Thank you :-)